Residential Counselor (Direct Hire)
Boston, MA 02108 US
We are seeking a Residential Counselor to work for a well-known human services organization in Boston, MA.
- The Residential Counselor provides comprehensive, intensive case management support to chronically homeless individuals with histories of substance abuse and mental illness in housing using the Housing First model promoting long-term stability in housing and the end of homelessness in Boston.
- The Residential Counselor will work as part of an intensive case management team serving tenants who may be experiencing untreated mental illness, active drug and alcohol addiction, and other significant health challenges.
- The Residential Counselor is responsible for a specific caseload of tenants and collaborating with other SSH staff on program-wide efforts to stabilize and promote the individual growth of all SSH tenants.
- The Residential Counselor will be assisting tenants with all required program documentation; assisting tenants with obtaining benefits, healthcare, educational opportunities, employment opportunities, and legal aids.
- Must be comfortable or experience working with the homeless community as well as individuals struggling with substance abuse and mental health challenges.
- High School diploma or GED
- Strong written communication skills
- Computer Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products
- Valid Mass Driver’s License with a minimum of two (2) years of driving experience, and an excellent driving record
Bilingual: Spanish and English