262 Washington Street Boston, MA 02108 US
We are seeking a Registered Nurse to work at a Community Health Organization in Dorchester, MA.
Hours are: (no per diem is available)
40 hours, variable shift one evening a week, one weekend a month.
Reporting to the Nurse Manager, the Registered Nurse works collaboratively as a member of the patient care team to provide consistent, high quality, evidence based care to patients within the health center. The RN is accountable to perform in accordance with the standards set by the American Nurses Association, Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing, and the health center’s policies and procedures.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Registered Nurse is responsible for assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation and coordination of care for patients and their families within the health center. The RN performs a variety of direct and indirect patient care activities. These include but are not limited to:
- Direct the practice of medical assistants and LPN's
- Review and communicate test results per protocol (ex. Critical labs and abnormal imaging)
- Accurate, complete and timely documentation in the electronic health record
- Perform patient triage
- Provide patient education
- Administer medication, immunizations and treatments as ordered
- Performs charge nurse responsibilities
- Assist with management of urgent and emergent patient care situations
- Assists with or performs procedures
- Manages communication from internal and external sources
- Provides safe, ethical, evidence based and culturally competent care
- Other duties as assigned
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; BSN preferred
- 2 years' experience in Adult and Pediatric acute medical/surgical setting.
- Minimum of one year Ambulatory Care experience.
- Minimum of one year Emergency/Urgent Care experience.
- Bilingual Candidates are highly encouraged to apply
Certification/Licensure: Valid RN license in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Current BLS certification.
Software/Hardware: Must be proficient and have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.)