Housing Specialist/ Case Manager
262 Washington Street Boston, MA 02108 US
A local non-profit homeless shelter is looking for a Housing Placement Specialist.
- Work within a team of Housing Placement Specialists and assist the homeless in locating housing.
- The Housing specialist will place our guests in market-rate housing inside the Lynn/Framingham/Brockton radius.
- 50% of the position will be calls, research, data entry, paperwork
- 50% will be meeting with guests at a shelter or driving a vehicle with a clean driving record to meet our guests for apartment visits and other meetings that work to secure housing.
- Degree in Human Services field (BA, BSW, BS) OR 3 years equivalent experience in a social service setting.
- Certification, training, or formal education in counseling and/or case management.
- Minimum of 2 years experience delivering services to a challenged population often struggling with addiction and untreated or under-treated mental health concerns.
- A valid Massachusetts driver's license.