Housing Services Specialist
Boston, MA 02108 US
We are seeking a Housing Services Specialist to work for a well-known human services organization in Boston, MA.
- The Housing Services Specialist will be helping people fill out applications as they will be applying to be provided with housing. If they are qualified for housing they are referred to the program.
- The Housing Services Specialist will engage with clients and other staff assist the landlord in contacting the client to set up viewings and paperwork and other communications. After client is placed in housing you will then act as the liaison between client and landlord with any issues.
- The Housing Services Specialist is responsible for helping clients stay in this program, reminding them of rent, rules, regulations and resources to help them along. The road to recovery and stabilization can be long. You will make a difference in peoples lives in keeping them on track and in the program.
- Must be comfortable or experience working with the homeless community as well as individuals struggling with substance abuse and mental health challenges.
- High School diploma or GED
- Strong written communication skills
- Computer Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products
Bilingual: Spanish and English