Housing Case Manager
Boston, MA 02108 US
We are seeking Residential Counselor/ Housing Case Managers to work for a well-known human services organization in Boston, MA.
- Scattered Site Housing (SSH) provides comprehensive, intensive case management support to chronically homeless individuals with histories of substance abuse and mental illness in housing using the Housing First model promoting long-term stability in housing and the end of homelessness in Boston.
- SSH Case Managers work as part of an intensive case management team serving tenants who may be experiencing untreated mental illness, active drug and alcohol addiction, and other major health challenges.
- SSH Case Managers use a harm-reduction, trauma-informed approach to working with participants, including the utilization of Stages of Change Theory and Motivational Interviewing techniques.
- SSH Case Managers are responsible for a specific caseload of tenants, and also for collaborating with other SSH staff on program-wide efforts to stabilize and promote the individual growth of all SSH tenants.
- Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to: assisting tenants with all required program documentation; assisting tenants with obtaining benefits, healthcare, educational opportunities, employment opportunities, and legal aid; supporting the development of tenants’ activities of daily living skills and creating individual service plans with tenants, maintaining all necessary documentation; monitoring and reporting maintenance needs in apartments, and supporting timely program fee collection from tenants.
The person in this position must have a clear commitment to the population we serve, and be able to work as part of a team.
- High School diploma or GED
- Strong written communication skills
- Computer Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products
- Valid Mass Driver’s License with a minimum of two (2) years of driving experience, and excellent driving record
- Undergraduate Degree in a related field (i.e. social work, psychology, education, nursing)
- Bi-lingual – Spanish/English