Certified Pharm Tech
262 Washington Street Boston, MA 02108 US
We are seeking a Certified Pharmacy Technician to work at a Hospital in Jamaica Plain, MA.
- Hours: Monday – Friday 9am-5pm
- Work location: Onsite Jamaica Plain
TOP 3 THINGS
- Certified Pharmacy tech (must have a valid license)
- Excellent customer service
- Good communication skills
Under the direction of the Executive Director of Nursing and supervised by the Refill Call Center Supervisor, the Refill Technician/Coordinator will coordinate the functions of the refill line.
- Coordinates and monitors the Refill Line and respective duties
- Checks Refill Line for messages hourly
- Endeavors to answer incoming calls on the Refill Line live and timely
- Checks assigned floor refills inbox daily and aim to meet a goal of 60 or more completed documents
- Reviews E-fax folder and process prescription requests daily via EMR
- Initiates Prior Authorization (PA) requests based on daily assignments and complete PA follow-ups as assigned
- Reviews patient chart to ensure refills are sent in a safe, timely manner
- Reviews MASS-PAT and other databases when initiating controlled substance refills
- Responsible for viewing assigned EMR desktop daily and staying up-to-date with tasks and responding in a timely manner based on organization policy and procedures.
- Serves as a training resource for Medical Assistants and other team members as appropriate.
- Send prescriptions to pharmacy using different ways as appropriate, per medical provider authorization.