Receptionist Desk Representative
262 Washington Street Boston, MA 02108 | Direct Hire
Our client is seeking a Front Desk Receptionist for their office, located in Boston!
The Reception Desk Rep interacts extensively in person/ via telephone with patients, the public, healthcare providers, support staff and other Medical Center personnel. As a first point of contact when patients arrive into the department, the position requires excellent customers service skills, broad-judgment, independent thinking and problem solving. Additionally the representative follows workflow and company guidelines, and is responsible for scheduling appointments and updating demographic and correct billing/insurance information.
- Answers, screens, and processes incoming calls in a professional manner. Directs patient access to the department by greeting, scheduling, checking in, and canceling patients appointments for a multiple providers.
- Utilizes and adheres to department and hospital guidelines and accurately updates patient' s demographic and insurance data at the time of scheduling and check-in.
- Utilizes and adheres to a phone script, clinical decision trees, and scheduling criteria following department guidelines. Uses independent knowledge within scope of knowledge and training to determine the type of appointment needed and urgency to schedule the patient to the appropriate provider or triage the call.
- Sends out accurate and complete communication e-mails to physicians or to other healthcare providers.
- Take appropriate actions to diffuse challenging situations. Seeks assistance from supervisor and others appropriately when confronted with unpredictable patients situations and or/behaviors.
- High School diploma or GED required. Associate' s degree preferred.
- 1-3 years related work experience required in a customer service role. Have demonstrated skills excellence including active listening, problem solving, and the ability to remain calm in emotional or stressful situations.
- Attention to detail, strong verbal communication, customer service and keyboarding skills.
- Medical terminology knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work both independently and as a part of the team which includes fellow Reception Representatives, technologists, physicians and nurses.
- Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.